Click here to find 6 more impactful travel resources that help you travel like a local, for a local.
Impact travel with Nomads Giving Back!
Nomads Giving Back! is a social enterprise with the vision to inspire nomads, ex-pats, and travellers to give back to the communities they call ‘home away from home’.
They are a global community that serves as a bridge between foreigners and locals to create positive social change through cultural exchanges, skill sharing, education, support, and more. They partner with local organisations to create meaningful programs and opportunities for advocacy, fundraising, and volunteering to educate, inspire and empower socially conscious people to make a positive social impact around the world.
Resources related to Impact Travel
Articles related to Impact Travel
- Recognising & Awarding The World’s Sustainable Destinations - In a recent podcast episode, I interviewed Green Destinations Top 100 Partnership Program Coordinator, Louise de Hemmer, on the topic of recognising and awarding the world’s sustainable destinations. The Green Destinations Foundation… Continue Reading
- Websites For Finding Local Experiences While You Travel - These 6 websites will help you travel like a local while supporting locals and communities in the places you visit. Continue Reading
- How To Be An Advocate For Accessibility & Inclusion In Travel - Accessibility and inclusion are two pillars in our society that advance equality. Here's how you can be an advocate for accessibility and inclusion in travel. Continue Reading
- Vaccine Equity and the Ethics of Travel in 2021 - I overheard someone refer to the effects of this pandemic as - “We are in the same storm, but not in the same boat.” I felt that. At the time I write… Continue Reading
- Sustainable Tourism & Volunteering in Madeira, Portugal - This blog post provides information about sustainable tourism and volunteering in Madeira, Portugal. I must admit, I didn’t know much about the island of Madeira until I heard a talk about digital… Continue Reading
- Where to find a beach clean-up in Sydney, Australia - It's fair to say Sydney has wonderful beaches. I've travelled far and wide and yet most of my favourite beaches in the world are right here in Sydney Australia. This is due… Continue Reading
- I-Like-Local Launches Virtual Tour Experiences to Support Global Partners - While the global pandemic continues to debilitate the tourism industry, those who relied so heavily on tourism for development have been the most affected. Award-winning sustainable tourism platform I Like Local has… Continue Reading
- How to support the tourism industry while borders are closed - It’s been difficult to watch as the global pandemic continues to debilitate the tourism industry. Having spent the past four years sharing stories of those whose lives had been so positively impacted… Continue Reading
- Let Locals Plan Your Trip For You with ViaHero - You can read guidebooks and blogs, watch YouTube videos or travel documentaries, but often the most comprehensive insight into a destination can come from the locals themselves. I want to introduce you… Continue Reading
- Support Clean Water & Sanitation Projects in the Dominican Republic with BLUE Missions - Water is the source of life yet somehow, in 2020, over 700 million people in the world lack access to clean water. It may be hard to comprehend this, but factors such… Continue Reading